Our Patient Centered Medical Home Model
The Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is a model for organizing and delivering high quality care to ensure that care is received at the right time and in the manner the patient prefers.
Aprima’s integrated EHR/PM solution helps practices to achieve NCQA PCMH recognition by documenting in real time medical home standards related to enhanced patient access, communication, clinical information organization, self-management support, identification of diseases and conditions and tracking of test results.
Aprima has been supporting our customers’ efforts to achieve patient- centered medical home (PCMH) status since 2010, when our client, Potomac Physicians became the first practice in the country to achieve NCQA PCMH Level 3 status.
Aprima PRM 2016 is prevalidated by NCQA for PCMH, and we are committed to assuring that future versions of Aprima are prevalidated.
Aprima PRM 2016 is one of a handful of products that have earned NCQA PCMH Prevalidation. NCQA PCMH Prevalidation is designed to help practices identify health IT solutions that reduce the administrative burdens of meeting NCQA PCMH program requirements. Aprima PRM 2016 was awarded this designation following a rigorous evaluation of our solution’s functionality, including a thorough review of reporting functions and screen shots, and a live demonstration.
Aprima’s PCMH Prevalidation simplifies the PMCH recognition process for your practice!
Aprima PRM 2016 is prevalidated by NCQA to fully meet:
- Seven required Core Criteria in the areas of Knowing and Managing Your Patients, Patient-Centered Access and Continuity, Care Coordination and Care Transitions, and Performance Measurement and Quality Improvement
- Eight credits of Elective Criteria in the areas of Team-Based Care and Practice Organization, Knowing and Managing Your Patients, Patient- Centered Access and Continuity, and Performance Measurement and Quality Improvement
- Nine additional Criteria for Support in the areas of Knowing and Managing Your Patients, and Care Coordination and Care Transitions
What this means is that practices that are actively using Aprima PRM 2016 to fulfill PCMH criteria have a lower administrative burden of providing supporting documentation, saving time and using technology that helps the practice provide better, more patient-centered care.
Aprima easily aligns with required PMCH functionality.
- The appointment scheduler supports the Access and Continuity standard for providing same-day appointment slots for routine and urgent care needs, and for routine and urgent care slots outside of regular business hours.
- Aprima PRM 2016 includes our Patient Portal and can be used for secure, two-way communication between patients and staff.
Autocredits and PCMH-specific reports
Aprima lowers the administrative burden of providing supporting documentation for PCMH recognition in two important ways:
1) Practices do not have to submit documentation for factors that have been awarded autocredit as part of the NCQA Prevalidation process
2) Aprima includes dozens of dashboard reports that provide the documentation required for the PCMH recognition process. These reports are standard and allow practices to quickly produce the documentation they need
PCMH and Macra
Under the proposed MACRA/MIPS regulations, practices that qualify as PCMHs could also receive credit for any participation in the Alternative Payment Models (APMs) initiative.
Aprima is dedicated to providing customers with solutions that are patient- focused, support well-coordinated care and align with the goals and standards of the PCMH program.
At Aprima, we see PCMHs as the way of the future, especially as the industry seeks to find ways to keep patients healthy, reduce costly complications and improve the quality of outcomes. That’s why we continue to make it easy for practices to earn PCMH Recognition.
Aprima’s all-in-one solution creates a more efficient, effective organization by integrating patient care and advanced EHR technology - including referral tracking, data-driven diagnosis, patient reminders for preventive care, e-prescribing and performance reporting - as well as information exchange, education and health maintenance tools.
“We were recently approved and certified as a NCQA patient centered medical home. Aprima has been excellent. They’ve helped us with the whole process … and continue to help us with the ability to track patient information and the types of data that these entities require us to keep track of and report on.”- Marc Mayer, D.O., President and Medical Director, Avenel Iselin Medical Group